On-site Learning Preventative Layers
,Updated April 15, 2022
Preventative Layers in Order of Effectiveness
Staying Home When Sick
- Staying home if you have any symptoms is critical to keeping our entire community safe and helping make sure we reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Please do not attend school if you have any of these symptoms:
- According to the CDC and WA State Department of Health, vaccination is the most effective prevention strategy to end the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The school will track the vaccination status of its students and staff.
- As of April 18, 2022, masks are optional indoors and outdoors on the West Sound Academy campus.
- West Sound Academy is a community of belonging. This means that our campus is a Judgment Free Zone, and we encourage anyone who feels more comfortable to continue wearing a mask.
- Designated classroom windows will be open as weather permits.
- Each classroom will have a HEPA air cleaner that cleans all the air in the room twice each hour.
Students and employees should expect to wash hands for 20 seconds with soap or use a minimum of 60% alcohol content hand sanitizer about six times per day:
- After arrival and screening
- Before and after meals and snacks
- After time outside
- After bathroom use
- After nose blowing or sneezing
- Before departure
- One person at a time should be in the restroom, even if it has multiple toilet stalls.
- All of our restrooms have been designated as gender-neutral. Use whichever restroom is available and comfortable for you.
- The bathrooms in Upper Frodel and Upper Baker are designated for faculty use only.
- Use the towel you dry your clean hands with to turn off the faucet and open the bathroom door when leaving.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- The staff will maintain a regular protocol for cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing appropriately. In addition to our daily tasks, a more intensive, thorough clean will be done regularly.
For further questions, please contact Catherine Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org