Parent and Student Portal
Welcome to the Hawk’s Nest.
This page is a portal to resources and information for WSA parents and students.
In this section of the website you can find:
- a link to the school’s library website and databases
- academic and events calendars
- important forms and documents
- emergency information
Extended Closure Resources
Forms & Flyers
General School Information
- 2019-2020 School Calendar with Remote Learning modifications
- 2020-2021 School Calendar
- Emergency Information
- WSA Emergency Information & Practices This flyer gives WSA policies on school closures or late starts due to emergency conditions.
- Emergency Student Reunification Plan The Emergency Student Reunification Plan spells out WSA’s practices should there be a lockdown or major emergency event such as an earthquake at the school. It is vital that parents do not overwhelm our phone lines or put students at risk with multiple phone calls to their cell phones. This document clearly explains what to do as a parent in these situations so keeping a copy on the hard drive of your computer and a printed copy on hand is recommended.
- Family Financial Worksheet Forms
- Family Financial Worksheet – Domestic (2020-2021) Forms for re-enrolling students are due January 6, 2020; forms for applying students are due February 14, 2020. Families also need to submit copies of their most recent filed tax return and W-2 form.
- Family Financial Worksheet – International (2020-2021) Forms for re-enrolling students are due January 6, 2020; forms for applying students are due February 14, 2020. Families also need to submit copies of their most recent bank statements.
- Transcript Request Form Students are required to use this form to request their official high school transcripts be sent to college or university admissions offices. One form can be used for transcripts to be sent to up to three institutions. Fill out an additional form (or forms) if you require more than three transcripts be sent. Return the completed form to WSA Registrar, Mrs. Freeman. For all students that did not graduate from West Sound Academy, there is a $5 fee per transcript.
- Medication Authorization Form – Prescription medications must be brought to the office in the original container along with this signed authorization form.
- Pre-Arranged Absence Form
- Student Initiated Fundraiser Proposal Guidelines and Form – Students who wish to launch a fundraising activity which will be promoted both on campus and to the community of WSA students and families must complete and submit the Student Fundraising Proposal Form to the President of Student Council, their advocate and Head of School by September 30 for an event taking place in the Fall Semester and January 30 for an event taking place in the Spring Semester. This form is required if the activity involves raising monetary funds, selling items or procuring item donations.
Journal Documents for CAS (Creativity, Activity, Service)
Registration / Start of the School Year
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) – 2019-2020
- Field Trip Permission Form – 2019-2020
- Parent-Student Handbook – 2019-2020
- Registration Forms – 2019-2020 – Forms to be signed at the required 2019-2020 registration meetings with Head of School Barrie Hillman, including: Parent-Student Handbook Core Understandings, Homework Agreement, Medical Authorization Form, Field Trip Permission Form, West Sound Academy Technology Acceptable Use Agreement, Annual Visionary Campaign Plan, Vehicle Registration Form, and Permission for Student Photo & Work Display.
- School Supply List – 2019-2020
- Student Vehicle Registration – 2019-2020
- Annual Visionary Campaign Donation Form – 2019-2020
- Knowledge Bowl 2019-2020 – Frequently Asked Questions
- West Sound Academy Student Clubs – 2019-2020 – Club advisors and meeting days, times, and locations
Emergency Reunification Plan
Please review the West Sound Academy Student Reunfication Plan in case of a future major emergency. The best thing parents can do in the case of an emergency or lockdown is to wait until WSA contacts you through the FACTS Alert system via text. Calling the school or texting your child directly puts your child in more danger. WSA staff will direct your child to contact you as soon as possible via their personal cell phone or the cell phone of a staff member.
West Sound Academy follows the inclement weather decision of North Kitsap School District and Bainbridge Island School District unless there are circumstances that apply to only those schools and not to WSA (such as a utility failure). Families are alerted to school closures and delays through the FACTs Alert system via text, postings to our website and our reports to the major television stations as well.