Hawk’s Nest – Parent & Student Portal
Important forms, documents, and emergency information
Forms & Flyers
Start of the School Year
- Checklist for All Students
- Start of School Checklist– There will be several electronic tools and resources that students will use throughout the school year. Use this checklist to help keep your logins organized.
- New Students
- New Student Orientation 2020-2021 Information on the Virtual Orientation to be held on Zoom for new students, scheduled for Sunday, August 16, 2020
- Required Textbooks and Materials for 2020-2021 – Each document lists the classes for the grade, the mods that the class will be taught, and any textbooks or other materials that students need to have for class, along with links to online retailers where those items can be purchases. In addition, any fees that will be assessed for access to online platforms or rentals of WSA-owned textbooks are explained.
- School Supply and Individual Emergency Kit Lists
- School Supply and Individual Emergency Kit Lists, 2020-2021– Separate school supply lists for Middle School and Upper School students, and an individual emergency kit list for all WSA students
General School Information
- Bring Your Own Device Technology Policy 2020-2021 – This document explains WSA’s policy on student use of technology, and gives detailed specifications for the laptops that students are required to bring to school.
- Emergency Information
- WSA Emergency Information & Practices This flyer gives WSA policies on school closures or late starts due to emergency conditions.
- Emergency Student Reunification Plan The Emergency Student Reunification Plan spells out WSA’s practices should there be a lockdown or major emergency event such as an earthquake at the school. It is vital that parents do not overwhelm our phone lines or put students at risk with multiple phone calls to their cell phones. This document clearly explains what to do as a parent in these situations so keeping a copy on the hard drive of your computer and a printed copy on hand is recommended.
- Medication Authorization Form – Prescription medications must be brought to the office in the original container along with this signed authorization form.
- Parent-Student Handbook 2020-2021
- Pre-Arranged Absence Form
- Remote Learning Guidelines for Students
- Student Initiated Fundraiser Proposal Guidelines and Form – Students who wish to launch a fundraising activity which will be promoted both on campus and to the community of WSA students and families must complete and submit the Student Fundraising Proposal Form to the President of Student Council, their advocate and Head of School by September 30 for an event taking place in the Fall Semester and January 30 for an event taking place in the Spring Semester. This form is required if the activity involves raising monetary funds, selling items or procuring item donations.
- Student Vehicle Registration Form (for student drivers)
- Transportation Registration Forms
- Transcript Request Form Students are required to use this form to request their official high school transcripts be sent to college or university admissions offices. One form can be used for transcripts to be sent to up to three institutions. Fill out an additional form (or forms) if you require more than three transcripts be sent. Return the completed form to WSA Registrar, Mrs. Freeman. For all students that did not graduate from West Sound Academy, there is a $5 fee per transcript.
Journal Documents for CAS (Creativity, Activity, Service)
Emergency Reunification Plan
Please review the West Sound Academy Student Reunfication Plan in case of a future major emergency. The best thing parents can do in the case of an emergency or lockdown is to wait until WSA contacts you through the FACTS Alert system via text. Calling the school or texting your child directly puts your child in more danger. WSA staff will direct your child to contact you as soon as possible via their personal cell phone or the cell phone of a staff member.
West Sound Academy follows the inclement weather decision of North Kitsap School District and Bainbridge Island School District unless there are circumstances that apply to only those schools and not to WSA (such as a utility failure). Families are alerted to school closures and delays through the FACTs Alert system via text, postings to our website and our reports to the major television stations as well.