Start Date: Immediate
West Sound Academy is establishing a new position to support the school’s strategic goals in fundraising and institutional development. The Development Coordinator will collaborate with the Leadership Team and Board to strengthen community connections and develop a strong culture of philanthropy at the school. This position will join a faculty and administration of 20 and reports to the Head of School.
Who we are:
West Sound Academy is an independent school for grades 6-12 built to inspire students to embark on a learning journey that ignites their curiosity and encourages them to make their own unique impact in the world. Located in the heart of Kitsap County, on a rural 20-acre campus, the school offers a hands-on and creative curriculum with small class sizes that attracts students from all around the globe to learn and grow together.
Our curriculum at each grade level is aligned with the International Baccalaureate (IB) program which aims to provide an education that crosses disciplinary, cultural, national, and geographical boundaries and that champions critical engagement, stimulating ideas, and meaningful relationships.
Through deep engagement and inquiry, our students gain the skills and dispositions needed to make sense of the world around them and take responsible action for the future. We know that learning is a journey, not a formula to be followed. That is why we strive to create educational experiences that support each student. Rather than teaching students how to recite facts and adhere to formulaic standards of academic achievement, we strive to teach students to think critically and leverage their knowledge to excel in college and anywhere else life takes them next.
- Establish short and long-range fundraising plans in alignment with the school’s values and strategic vision.
- Plan and execute the school’s annual fundraising efforts including the Annual Fund and Gala.
- Work collaboratively with West Sound Academy’s board development committee.
- Engage parents in participation and volunteering across all areas of school life.
- Cultivate relationships with current and past parents, alumni, community partners, and prospective donors.
- Pursue alternate funding sources such as grants and foundation gifts.
- Manage donor data and communication
- Report regularly to the board on fundraising initiatives and progress.
Successful Candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience in fundraising at a school or other non-profit organization
- Strong verbal, written, and digital communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, facility with computers, and excellent follow-through skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate and work as a team with administrators, faculty, staff, parents, and students
- Flexible, a team player, and willing to step in as needs arise
The salary range for this twelve-month, half-time position is $25,000-$32,000 plus bonuses based on performance. Medical, Vision, and Dental benefits are available for full-time employees only. West Sound Academy is an equal-opportunity employer.
To apply, please send a letter of interest, résumé, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Sound Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, sexual preference, gender identity, or any other protected classification under State, Federal, or Local Law in the administration of its hiring practices, educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship, loan programs, and athletic or any other school-administered program.