West Sound Academy is seeking Substitute Teachers. The ideal candidate will have experience working with middle and high school students and a demonstrated passion for interacting positively in an academic environment.
Who we are:
West Sound Academy is an independent school for grades 6-12 built to inspire students to embark on a learning journey that ignites their curiosity and encourages them to make their own unique impact in the world. Located in the heart of Kitsap County, on a rural 20-acre campus, the school offers a hands-on and creative curriculum with small class sizes that attracts students from all around the globe to learn and grow together.
Job Summary and Schedule:
This position is on an as-needed basis. Sometimes advance warning of substitute needs is available but we have a need for on-call substitutes as well. This position reports to the Head of School.
Successful Candidates will have:
- A high school diploma and experience working with middle and high school students
- The ability to positively direct students in assigned tasks and manage classroom dynamics
- An appreciation for young people and the ability to build rapport with them
- A background check is required through OESD 114 at the candidate’s expense
- Access to a cell phone for email, text, and phone communication
This position is a contract position paid an hourly wage of $20 to $24. West Sound Academy is an equal-opportunity employer. To apply, please send a letter of interest, résumé, and three references to email@example.com.
West Sound Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, sexual preference, gender identity, or any other protected classification under State, Federal, or Local Law in the administration of its hiring practices, educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship, loan programs, and athletic or any other school-administered program.