School Bus Driver
West Sound Academy is seeking a part-time School Bus Driver to transport students to school in the morning and back to Bainbridge Island in the afternoon. Drive our 20-passenger short bus with ease knowing that there are no shenanigans going on. The students are responsive, coachable and excited to get to school with you! This position is a 10-month non-exempt hourly position with accrued personal/sick time of 1 hour per 40 hours worked. The school bus driving workday is a split schedule of 7:00 am to 8:30 am and 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm. Additional hours available for field trip driving, and depending on your skill set and comfort, help with our facilities work as well. The start date for this position is August 19, 2020.
- Drive a 20-passenger school bus between the school site in Poulsbo and the designated bus stops on Bainbridge Island on school days.
- In the morning, drive from the school to the bus stops at Lynwood Center and the Kitsap Public Library and back to school.
- In the afternoon, drive to the bus stop at Kitsap Public Library and return the bus to the school campus.
- Additional duties may be assigned in facilities by mutual agreement
Successful candidates will have:
- A high school diploma and five years as a licensed driver
- A current driver’s license approved for class school bus vehicles with passenger endorsement. WSA will consider providing the 5-week CDL licensing training required for the right candidate.
- An appreciation for young people and the ability to build rapport with them
- A background check is required through OESD 114 at the candidate’s expense
- Access to a cell phone for email, text and phone communication
- The ideal candidate would be flexible, a team player, and willing to step in as needs arise.
West Sound Academy offers a competitive salary (range is $20-$25 depending on experience and actual job assignment), additional training and benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer. To apply please email a letter of interest, résumé and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Sound Academy (WSA) is a college preparatory International Baccalaureate (IB) World School serving grades 6-12. WSA is located on a rural 20-acre campus in Poulsbo, Washington. WSA graduates compassionate, courageous and creative young adults prepared to excel in a global community.
West Sound Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, sexual preference, gender identity or any other protected classification under State, Federal, or Local Law in administration of its hiring practices, educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship, loan programs, and athletic or any other school-administered program.