School Bus Driver
West Sound Academy (WSA) is a college preparatory International Baccalaureate (IB) World School serving grades 6-12. WSA is located on a rural 20-acre campus in Poulsbo, Washington, just a 30-minute ferry ride from Seattle. WSA graduates compassionate, courageous, and creative young adults prepared to excel in a global community.
West Sound Academy is seeking a part-time bus driver. This position is a 10-month non-exempt hourly position with accrued personal/sick time of 1 hour per 40 hours worked. The school bus driving workday is a split schedule of 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Additional custodial work may be assigned during the school day if mutually beneficial to the employee and WSA. The start date for this position is approximately February 24, 2020.
- Drive a 20-passenger school bus between the school site in Poulsbo and the designated bus stops on Bainbridge Island on school days.
- In the morning, drive from the school to the bus stops at Lynwood Center and the Bainbridge Public Library and back to school.
- In the afternoon, drive to the bus stop at Bainbridge Public Library and return the bus to the school campus.
- Additional duties may be assigned in facilities.
Successful candidates will have:
- A high school diploma and five years as a licensed driver
- A current driver’s license approved for class C school bus vehicles with passenger endorsement
- An appreciation for young people and the ability to build rapport with them
- A current First Aid/CPR card is required. Training will be offered on-site at the candidate’s expense.
- A background check is required through OESD 114 at the candidate’s expense
- A drug test is required at the candidate’s expense
- Access to a cell phone for email, text and telephone communication
- The ideal candidate would be flexible, a team player, and willing to step in as needs arise.
West Sound Academy offers a competitive salary, additional training, and benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please send a letter of interest, résumé, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Sound Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, sexual preference, gender identity or any other protected classification under State, Federal, or Local Law in administration of its hiring practices, educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship, loan programs, and athletic or any other school-administered program.